Monday 1 August 2016

YAY, Sports! Club Meeting - 31 July


It was a wet and wild weekend weather-wise in Auckland (alliteration for the win!) so attendance at the GREATEST gaming club in Auckland was slightly down. Well, that and the slew of TCOW'ers representing at the beginners Malifaux tournament.

We still managed to get a few games going though, so it wasn't all a waste.

Darren and Daryl rocked out a game of Warmahordes using the new v3.0 rules. Daryl wanted to see whether or not his Cryx could still pull off a heap of shenanigans under the new regime.



Judging by the number of dead models that were accumulating at Darren's end of the table, I'd say they still can.






Stu and Callum get into some TANKS action (which I conveniently forgot to take photos of...) and realised that Ernst Barkmann is indeed as broken as his points value would suggest! Cant wait to get my copy of this in and potentially start some league play.

Finally, Jon and I went old school and played some Blood Bowl.



I cracked out my Chaos All-Stars which I got for my 15th birthday (you do the math) and Jon ran his High Elves, so straight away we sort of knew how this one was going to end up!

Some fantastic plays, huge hits and down-right dirty tactics saw the Elves run in 2 touchdowns to my 1...but at the expense of THREE bodies. I think at one point Jon was down to 6 active players on the board, which is hilarious but expected when you're playing against Chaos!



Just this one game has reignited my love for this game. Its so bloody simple and so much bloody fun! So much so that I'll be starting the inaugural TCOW Blood Bowl league! Watch this space for details!

Congrats to the TCOW'ers who placed and played at the latest Malifaux tourney as well. From what I hear, some of you were really high on the list....



So that was that, like I said, a smaller showing but by no means worthless! Cant wait for next club!

Game on nerds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment